Who Am I ?
My name is Kalegh and I live in Columbus Ohio. My favorite color as you might notice is green. I was born in Columbus, Ohio however I've lived in Bozeman, Montana and enjoyed it especially the snowboarding scene was my favorite I miss that very much. I have been all over the country there's probably only a very few states I haven't passed through or visited. I live with my father here in Columbus but my mother lives in Columbus, Georgia basically Savannah, Georgia though. I have four cats two of them live with me (Scarface and Alice) the other two live with my mom (Cookie and Bubba) and I have one dog (Maggie) who lives with my mom and I absolutely love and miss dearly. I attend Columbus State Community College.I will be doing the radiography program there and hope to be done with the program and school in general in about two and a half years. I enjoy hanging out with friends and going shopping is my favorite thing to do although it doesn't work out very well when I have no money to spend. Once I do get my program finished and finish school I really would like to work with children at Nationwide Children's Hospital mainly because I can do my job while having fun and goofing around with kids which will also prepare me for having my own children. I also hope to soon make it to Europe and travel to get experience in the world if I had to choose where I would like to visit in Europe it would either be Rome or Italy. Also I hope someday to make it out of Columbus but would also not like to be too far away from my family.
What I Know .
Radiography is a very interesting field. People think its just taking x-rays but its much more. Radiography consist of x-rays(of course), MRI's, CAT Scans, and ultrasounds. In radiography you need to know what type of film to use for each different part of the body. I'm also aware that x-rays were created in 1895 in Germany. Luckily for me I'm aware that the department for radiographers is good right now and hospitals need them and in this economy that's a good thing. A good thing about being in radiology is that if you don't want to work in a hospital for example if that type of environment is too much for somebody that you can work in a small doctors office or most hospitals have off campus offices that are less stressful as well. Although if you wanted to be a x-ray tech for a veterinarian office and take x-rays of animals that is something entirely different and would require different types of training as in how to handle animals if they become excited.
What I Do Not Know
Radiography is a hugely developed field and therefor there are some things I do not know. As of right now I'm not familiar with the different types of sizes of film and positions quite yet which is very important. Also I do not know how much radiation is put out every time I would be taking a x-ray. One thing that is a mystery to me would be the fact if there's an emergency as in a hazardous emergency do I take the x-ray and encounter the infected or would a hazmat official be interacting with the individual. The probably most important thing I do not know is what type of field I want to actually go into because each one is so different there's so many pros and con's about each field.
What I Hope To Learn
I hope to learn and understand the patients more and how to interact with them when I know something is seriously wrong with them. Also I want to know what kind of challenges radiographers encounter. Which is mainly what I will be exploring in my blogs. Because to understand this profession that I'm very passionate about I need to know the challenges and problems I may be coming face to face with.
Three Interesting Facts About Me
- First you would never guess just by looking at me but I love rock music my favorite radio station I listen to in my car is The Blitz. Also I regularly attend rock concerts with my dad. My favorite one I think I've seen so far is the concert in 2008 with Avenged Sevenfold, Shine Down, Saving Able, and Buckcherry. The most rewarding thing about this concert is that I was able to see The Rev play before he died at that concert and I got to see him play at Rock On The Range before he died in 2009.
- Secondly I have lived in a different state Bozeman, Montana. It was a great experience to see how others live in a different state for example the culture there is so different then from people who live here in Columbus, Ohio like people there are so much more down to earth and EVERYTHING is about waiting for ski and snowboarding season which I shared while I lived there. Although I tried this on my mom and considering my mom is a teacher it didn't work out so well but some of the students parent's will yank them out of school for the day just to go skiing or snowboarding for the day either because the season just started or the season will soon be over.
- gelato shop where the Jersey Shore cast worked and we also saw Dash the Kardashian sisters clothing store in Miami. One thing that was funny to us was a guy at an intersection tried to sell us drugs by acting like he was advertising jet ski lessons we almost didn't know what to do considering this man was trying to sell us drugs in the middle of the day but we just hurried n crossed the street.

No comments:
Post a Comment