MRI burns are becoming more and more likely which is not a good thing one because of the obvious reason it's burning people and the second reason is it costs hospital unnecessary amounts of money because then the hospital must pay for damages to the patient. Due to the most recent MRI burns doctors and other professionals are trying to figure out what is causing these recent burns but it's hard to determine what the cause is because so many things are normally not safe to bring close to a MRI magnet. In my findings there actually is no master list on what not to and what can be permitted in the MRI suite basically because it would take a huge team of specialists to create such a list plus the amount of effort to keep the list current would be simply unimaginable. I don't know about some people but me being a person who has had multiple MRI's it's very unsettling to see that researchers won't take the time to create this list because it would simply "take up to much of their time". Okay let me see you specialized researchers get in a MRI tube and I will tell you "oh by the way I didn't take the time to find out for your safety what you may have on that would cause a magnetic burn".
Recently a blanket was kept over a child when he needed an emergency MRI and he received second degree burns. Doctors said there may have been a metallic layer in the blanket. Although the blankets manufacture said that there's absolutely no evidence to say the blanket is at fault even though the blanket did contain aluminum in it. The scary thing is that even metal that's non-ferromagnetic, which is metal that absolutely can not be put through a MRI machine, can become an electrical conductor. I believe this is more than enough reason to create such a list to where it clearly states what can and can not be allowed in a MRI tube. Certainly I hope this problem is resolved before I enter a hospital because that's a little concerning that some poor child could be burned because he's wearing his favorite shirt that shouldn't be in the MRI tube but he has no idea. Plus anyone including myself could be injured.
No comments:
Post a Comment